Our School Workshops
We deliver three quality workshops for students in year 10 -12 to provide them with the skills they will need to thrive in a world shaped by the megatrends of globalisation, technological disruption and environmental change
If you want to empower your students with practical communication and business skills that will prepare them for the future of work, we would love to work with you to make that happen. The workshops we run are adaptable to meet students needs and can be run during or after school hours. Each of these workshops have been run with groups ranging from 10 – 300 students. All that is needed is the school hall or classroom and we bring the rest. The timeframe of each workshop can be adapted to suit your needs. The goal really is to reach as many students as possible to equip them with the skills they will need to succeed in a life post school. To this end, we are very flexible on price and group discounts are available.
Give us a call to see how we can make this work for you and bring your students into the Ground Chai community – a community of youth equipped with real skills enabling them to be resilient and adaptable in a changing world.
Stand up and deliver
How to say it
- Learn the formulae to stand up and confidently present your ideas
- Employers are willing to pay, on average, $15,000pa more for employees who can confidently present to an audience
- Practice pitching your ideas in a safe environment and get instant feedback and recommendations
Entrepreneurial skills for the real world
- How do you turn your passion into profit?
- Be empowered with the technical know-how of starting your own enterprise in this hands-on practical workshop
- Learn the art of creating a start-up and how to sustainably solve real issues
- Access a network of like-minded Australian youth making their communities a better place
Be the change
- Learn the fundamentals of effective leadership and how to maximise your impact within your school and wider community
- Learn about the tools you need to set your personal goals and achieve it with our proven vision map structure
- Tap into your own unique leadership skill set and create change within this workshop
Setting goals and working as a team
Facilitator & Workshop Experience
Ground Chai founder, Mikhara Ramsing, has co-developed the successful ‘Leadership is Action’ program delivered to year 10 students at Barker College in Hornsby, Sydney for the last 5 years. The 3 day workshop empowers students with the skills of communication, connection and teamwork and gives them the opportunity to put these skills into action by organising their own leadership lession for younger students during the week.
A keynote speaker and our lead facilitator, Mikhara Ramsing, ensured the inaugral IMPACT Youth Social Enterprise Conference held over 3 days was a roaring success. Creating the energy needed for 150 participants to get the most out of meeting Australia’s leading social entrepreneur CEOs and investors, Mikhara knew how to keep the audience engaged and ensure the agenda ran on schedule and with gusto. A great motivational and knowledgeable speaker.
Mikhara has worked with Bernie Kelly, Pride of Australia Medalist, for over a decade, delivering school workshops up and down the East coast of Australia and taking young Australians to the top of Mount Kilimanjaro and to to the base of Mt Everest. She is able to deliver to her best under a range of situations – from inside the classroom to under the peaks of mountains.
For the last 8 years, Mikhara has facilitated our annual School Leadership Conference held at the University of Queensland. Working with 300 school leaders from around Queensland, she has delivered workshops focused on communication, team-building, adaptability and innovation. She is a pioneer in bringing content to life, never simply standing and speaking to the youth, she always has them on their feet, interacting, discussing and dancing their way to their own goals and ambitions.